+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uh Oh Tongo - Trivia help needed!

Default Uh Oh Tongo - Trivia help needed!

Need help on 60s 70s TV show lingo

My wife just uttered the expression "uh oh Tongo"....she claims it was from some ancient TV show of 60s vintage. I'm usually pretty good with this stuff but I can't remember any show with that line. I think Tongo was a monkey or something.

I'm always looking for Hulk castings...bring em on!

Uh Oh Jungo

The show was called Danger Island that ran during episodes of the Banana Splits.

I can always depend on you guys! The actual phrase is "uh oh Chongo"

I'm always looking for Hulk castings...bring em on!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that bit for more than it's clever writing. LOL

One of the regular segments of the TV show The Banana Splits was Danger Island. And the main reason to watch Danger Island was to see Leslie Hayden, the plucky daughter of Professor Hayden.

The show was ostensibly about Professor Hayden and his crew getting stranded on a desert island after getting shipwrecked by pirates. There is some foolishness about the lost city of Tobanya and the Professor's missing brother, but we all know what the show was really about - the plucky daughter, Leslie Hayden, and her white pants that never got dirty even though they were stranded on a desert island! It was all about the white pants, and of course Leslie's bare midriff. (She used to wear her button down shirt tied in a knot at her sternum.)

In every episode, amid the ever present cry of "Uh-Oh, Chongo!", Leslie would be captured by evil pirates or nasty native headhunters. She would then be tied up, and the camera would zoom in on her struggling against her bonds in a fashion that was most intriguing. If she wasn't tied up, she would be hitting the villains over the head with coconuts to a chorus of cheesy sound effects. ("Take that, you evil native headhunter! Pax Americana!")

http://zaiusnation.blogsp...girl-in-white-pants.html

And who says you can't learn anything on the internet! I remember a little of this-- loved the Banana Splits-- I'm gona get one of those 6X6 Argo aatv's someday.
    Oh and thanks alot! Now I'm driving the GF crazy saying " Uh-oh! Chongo!!" all day long.. thanks, really! Picked up the mail--- nothing but bills- Uh-oh! Chongo!

OUCH! That video shows how cheesy that show really was!!! Jan Michael Vincent looks like such a tough fighter, more amateur...Chongo is more annoying than the bad acting!!!!
    [SIGPIC]

Eh, that's great stuff. I could watch it all day over something like Avatar.

Best 70s ape show: Lancelot Link - Secret Chimp

+ Reply to Thread